Deadline: April 1, 2016
The Will Eisner Spirit of Comics Retailer Award, presented under the auspices of Comic-Con International: San Diego, is given to an individual retailer who has done an outstanding job of supporting the comics art medium both in the community and within the industry at large.
Guidelines for Nomination Include:
- Any retail store established in business for at least two years is eligible to be nominated.
- Anyone — retailers, professionals, fans — may place a name in nomination.
- A panel of industry judges selects a group of finalists to be subjected to an in-depth examination based on the award criteria.
- Recipient will be announced as part of the Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards at Comic-Con International on Friday, July 22, 2016.
- Previous winners are not eligible for nomination.
Criteria for Judging Include:
- Support of a wide variety of innovative material. Providing opportunities for creators’ material to reach buyers; stocking a diverse inventory.
- Knowledge. Working to stay informed on retailing as well as on the comics field.
- Community activity. Promoting comics to the community; maintaining relationships with schools and libraries; keeping active in social, business, and arts community organizations.
- Quality of store image. Innovative display approaches; using store design creatively.
- Adherence to standard ethical business practices.
2016 Spirit of Comics Award Nominating Ballot
I place the following name in nomination for the 2016 Will Eisner Spirit of Comics Retailer Award. I understand that only retailers whose business has been established for at least two years are eligible for nomination and that any nominees found not to adhere to standard ethical business practices will be disqualified.
Ballots must be received by April 1, 2016.