Sign Up Now for the Comic-Con International Graphic Novel Book Club!
Earlier this week, we announced the creation of our new Comic-Con International Graphic Novel Book Club. We are now offering our Interest Form for consideration in participating in one of these two monthly meetings!
In order to be considered as a participant in either our Downtown Central Library group or the Mission Valley Library group, you must do the following:
• Fill out the INTEREST FORM and return it to us via email to the address on the form (click here to download the PDF). This is a modifiable PDF; you can type right on the form. Click here to download the latest version of Acrobat Reader, if needed.
• You must be 18 years of age or older. Some of the books we will be considering for discussion will contain adult themes and content. (We are hoping to add a Young Adults Graphic Novel Book Club in the near future, for younger comics fans.)
• You must have a Comic-Con Member ID. If you do not have a Member ID, click here to register for one. It’s free, you only have to sign up once, and Comic-Con does not sell or share your information.
• While you can sign up to attend either of the locations, the Mission Valley group is geared more towards women and will feature women moderators.
• Submit the Interest Form before Friday, January 24, 2014 for consideration. Space in both groups is extremely limited. If we feel we have enough participants for both groups, we may close the Interest Form before the deadline. We will add a post here on our Toucan blog if we close the Interest Form early.
Please keep in mind this is an ongoing commitment. While you can drop out at any time, we will be meeting every month for the foreseeable future.
If you are accepted into one of the Book Club groups, we will inform you via email.
The first meetings will be:
San Diego Central Library, 330 Park Blvd., San Diego, CA 92101: TUESDAY, FEB. 4 at 6:00 PM
San Diego Library, Mission Valley, 2123 Fenton Parkway (next to IKEA), San Diego, CA 92108: WEDNESDAY, FEB. 5 at 6:00 PM
These first meetings will be orientation only. There will not be a book to read. We will pick books to read at future meetings. Comic-Con International will pick the first month’s books (for March) at the initial meetings. After that, members of each Book Club will pick the books.
Subsequent meetings will be held the first week of the month at these locations. Please note: These will be CLOSED GROUPS. You must be pre-registered to attend them. We will not be able to accept walk-ins, including friends, spouses, and children of registered members, or other interested parties. It is our hope that, if interest warrants it, we can help facilitate other Graphic Novel Book Clubs at additional locations around San Diego County.
Get ready to read some comics! Coming soon: Our SUGGESTED Reading List.