Job Opportunities at Comic-Con
Comic-Con International has a mission of creating awareness of, and appreciation for, comics and related popular artforms. Occasionally we need people to help us fulfill our mission. If you are interested in working for Comic-Con, please check back here from time to time to see if we have any job openings.
Currently there is one job opening at Comic-Con.
Social Media Manager for the Communications and Strategy Department
The Social Media Manager will, in collaboration with the Chief Communications and Strategy Officer, oversee the company’s social media marketing and advertising. Administration will include but is not limited to:
- Plan, strategize and set goals,
- Monitor social media platforms, entertainment and industry news sites
- Development of brand awareness and online reputation in a positive, authentic way
- Content management includes writing for social media distribution, content of website and other company assets as may be required
- Report on Reach, and Impressions and other analytic data to reflect effectiveness of media outreach campaigns
- Reputation management
- ROI of media campaigns to reflect potential audience growth, audience profile, audience engagement, content reach, engagement and negative reaction
The Social Media Manager is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for comics, movies, television and related popular art. This individual must have a working knowledge of social media platforms and news/entertainment sites that deal with current pop culture. They must be knowledgeable about the comics, gaming, film and related industries.
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video, written and audio/podcast).
- Monitor, listen to consumers
- Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
- Design, create and manage promotions and social ad campaigns, being sure to integrate with company’s overall marketing campaign plan.
- Oversee company photography crew and update procedures and best practices.
Qualifications to include:
- Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing. Marketing degree is welcomed but not required with relevant work experience.
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media. (Give links to profiles as examples).
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application.
- Experience sourcing and managing content development.
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Maintains excellent writing and language skills.
- Enjoys a working knowledge of the blogging ecosystem relevant to the company’s field.
- Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
- Superior time management and Detail Oriented.
- Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO, including keyword research, Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Social Thinking
- Pop Culture Background/Knowledge
- Highly knowledgable in the principles of "Search and Social."
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org