#17/SDCC 2014: All the Fun Outside the Convention Center!
There’s more fun outside Comic-Con International this year than ever before! In addition to our official programming rooms at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront, the Marriott Marquis and Marina, the Omni San Diego, and the events at the Manchester Grand Hyatt, the Blood Drive and the Fulfillment Room, there are other offsite events to explore. Wear your Comic-Con 2014 Badge for access to these events, if space is available!
Come Play at the Xbox Lounge!
Visit the Xbox Lounge in the Seaport Ballroom on the second level of the Harbor Tower at the Manchester Grand Hyatt, Thursday through Sunday, and enjoy over 85 gaming stations, featuring more than 25 different Xbox games playable on Xbox One. The Xbox Lounge will also be hosting tournaments, special guest appearances and signings, and an exclusive Hulu experience where fans can pitch their superhero idea for the chance to have their character animated into an episode of The Awesomes and create their own custom superhero cape. Photo ops with Halo, Dragon Age and Evolve, complimentary phone charging stations, and a lounge atmosphere mean there’s something for everyone.
- Open: Thursday: 11:00 AM– 6:00 PM • Friday & Saturday: 11:00 AM–8:00 PM • Sunday: 11:00 AM– 5:00 PM
The Her Universe Fashion Show
Her Universe is bringing the first-ever “Geek Couture” fashion show and design competition to Comic-Con International 2014, with Hot Topic and Nerdist. The audience helps decide the winner!
- Thursday, 6:00–9:00 PM • Harbor Ballroom, Second Level, Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel
MTV Fan Fest
The first-ever MTV Fan Fest will honor diehard fangirls and fanboys as well as their favorite shows and movies of the past year! With a performance from multi-platinum rock band Linkin Park as well as surprises that will set fandom hearts a-flutter, this will be a series finale status can’t-miss event. Come join us for free food, drinks, music and giveaways!
Thursday, 7:00–11:00 PM • Petco Park
Other outside events at Comic-Con 2014 include:
- NBC Experience at Gaslamp Square (in between the Convention Center and Hard Rock Hotel)
- The Assassin’s Creed Experience next to the Hilton Gaslamp Hotel
- Homer’s Dome at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront front lawn
- Godzilla Display behind the Convention Center next to the 5th Ave. pier and ferry landing
- Nintendo Video Game Lounge, San Diego Ballroom at the Marriott Marquis & Marina
- Sony’s Pixels Arcade at the Hard Rock Hotel
- The Adventure Time Conquest Fulfillment Center across from the Children’s Museum.
- Game of Thrones: Survive the Realm Experience at the Omni Hotel Gallery