#26: Costume Props Policy Reminder
Don’t forget: if you’re wearing a costume to Comic-Con and that costume contains props or weapons, you must have them checked at one of our Costume Props Check Desk. For 2017, there are two locations:
Hall E Lobby (near the outside door) and Hall C Lobby (under the escalator)
No functional props or weapons are allowed at Comic-Con.
- Simulated or costume props are allowed as a part of your costume, subject to prior approval by security and compliance with the following:
- All costume props and weapons must be inspected and tagged at the Costume Props Desks, located near the outside door in the lobby of Hall E, or under the escalator in the lobby of Hall C.
- All costume props and weapons must conform to state and federal law.
- Projectile costume props and weapons must be rendered inoperable.
- Functional (real) arrows must have their tips removed and be bundled and zip-tied to a quiver.
- Costume swords must be tied to your costume in such a way that they can’t be drawn.
- Costumes featuring stilts must be approved at the Costume Props Desk.
- At certain times, due to crowds and safety issues, people in oversized costumes may be asked to leave the Exhibit Hall.
- After your costume props have been checked, they will be tagged by security, and you will be given a wristband to wear to designate that your props have been checked.
- Security will escort you to the Costume Props Check Desk for inspection if your costume prop is not tagged.
If you do not want to have your costume props inspected or tagged, or if you are not willing to comply with these policies, please do not bring your costume props to Comic-Con. All costume props must be inspected at the Costume Props Check Desk.