#7: Navigating the Exhibit Hall
Welcome to Comic-Con, the premier entertainment and comics destination! With 460,000+ sq ft of exhibit space, expect crowds and challenges, but always a lot of fun. We're here to help you navigate this venue with tips for a safe and enjoyable convention experience. Let's make it unforgettable for everyone!
• No running is allowed anywhere and at any time at Comic-Con.
• The rule applies to all areas, including programming rooms, the Exhibit Hall, and outside the Convention Center.
• The goal is to maintain a cool, calm, and safe space for all badge holders.
• The No Running rule is rigorously enforced in the mornings when doors open.
• Running poses a safety hazard.
• People who ignore this rule may have their badges confiscated and be ejected from the convention.
Keep To Your Right!
• Keeping to your right when in crowds helps maintain a streamlined flow of traffic and prevents bottlenecks and safety hazards.
• This rule is especially crucial in crowded and congested areas like hallways and lobbies.
• Comic-Con Floor Managers may request attendees to keep to their right, and it is essential to comply promptly.
No Sitting in the Aisles
• No sitting or blocking in areas around the pillars or aisles of the Exhibit Hall (fire marshal’s order).
• Designated lounge areas available throughout the Exhibit Hall for relaxation and socializing. Use the lounge areas to meet up with friends or take a break.
• Find the lounge areas using the Exhibit Hall map in the center of the 2023 Quick Guide (one of the free publications you’ll receive when picking up your bag, books, and lanyards).
Exhibit Hall Guidelines: Size Restrictions and Prohibited Items
• No oversized strollers allowed in the Exhibit Hall.
• Double and tandem strollers are not permitted.
• Locate designated stroller parking areas using the Quick Guide maps.
• Stroller parking is indicated by red ovals.
• Free of charge, and on a first-come, first-served basis.
• Comic-Con does not provide security for strollers.
• No carts, rolling luggage, or oversized costumes allowed in the Exhibit Hall.
• Plan accordingly to avoid bringing these items.
• People in oversized costumes may be asked to leave at certain times for safety reasons.
Other items not permitted:
• Rolling luggage
• Oversized costumes
At certain times, people in oversized costumes may be asked to leave the Exhibit Hall.
Considerate Clicks: Photo Etiquette at Comic-Con!
• Many memorable moments at Comic-Con are worth capturing and cherishing!
• Keep the flow of movement going after taking pictures.
• Consider the large number of people and diverse directions they are going.
• Avoid blocking aisles or causing congestion for others.
• You’ll find multiple photo opportunities available at merchandise stalls.
Navigate with Ease: Follow the Aisle Signs!
• Utilize the aisle signs in the Exhibit Hall to navigate efficiently.
• Take note of the aisle numbers for booths you want to revisit.
• Pay attention to the position of the aisle marker (front, middle, or back).
• Compare aisle signs with booth numbers on the Exhibit Hall map.
• Use the Quick Guide or Official Comic-Con App to cross-reference booth locations.
• Comic-Con App can be found in the App Store for iOS and on Google Play
Bypass the Bustle: Unlock the Power of the Lobby!
• Utilize the lobby to navigate around Exhibit Hall crowds and reach booths quickly
• Feeling lost or overwhelmed? Take a break and regain your bearings in the lobby.
• Create a meetup space in the Lobby if you get separated from your friends.
Breathe Easy: No Smoking Policy
• Prohibited items: traditional cigarettes, vapes, pipes, cigars, and E-cigarette devices
• Applies to all Comic-Con events, at any time and in any location.
• No Smoking areas: Exhibit Hall, Programming rooms, event spaces at the San Diego Convention Center and additional Comic-Con venues.
• Designated smoking areas available outside the Convention Center.
• Smoking is prohibited at any public events near or in any doorway, entrance, restroom, exit, or operable window. Noncompliance may result in ejection from the convention.
No Sales Outside Exhibit Space
• Unless you have purchased or were allocated an exhibit space, there are absolutely no outside retail sales permitted!
• This includes, but is not limited to:
• The Exhibit Hall Lobbies
• Program rooms
• Outside venues
• The Horton Grand Theatre
• San Diego Central Library
• All surrounding hotels featuring our programming and event (namely: Hilton San Diego Bayfront, Manchester Grand Hyatt, and the Omni San Diego)
• Retail sales are strictly limited to the exhibitors in the Comic-Con Exhibit Hall.
• Actively not following these guidelines may result in:
• Your badges being confiscated.
• Being ejected from the convention.
No Handouts or Solicitation
• No handing out of anything is allowed in any area inside or outside the San Diego Convention Center, except in the following cases:
• From within a booth in the Exhibit Hall.
• When pre-approved for placement on the Freebie Tables in the Sails Pavilion.
• Prohibited items for distribution include:
• Any promotional item
We are crafting an experience for our attendees, and we kindly ask that you please respect that.
No Market Research
• Comic-Con does not allow:
• Market research
• This restriction applies to any public areas:
• Indoors or outdoors
• San Diego Convention Center
• Affiliated venues featuring Comic-Con events.
Code of Conduct
Attendees must respect common sense rules for public behavior, personal interaction, common courtesy, and respect for private property. Harassing or offensive behavior will not be tolerated. Comic-Con reserves the right to revoke, without refund, the membership and badge of any attendee not in compliance with this policy. Persons finding themselves in a situation where they feel their safety is at risk or who become aware of an attendee not in compliance with this policy should locate the nearest member of security, or staff member, so that the matter can be handled in a prompt manner.
Exhibitor Lists and Exhibit Hall Map
Our complete Exhibitor Lists and the massive Exhibit Hall Map for Halls A through G at the San Diego Convention Center are all linked below:
Comic-Con reserves the right to change or modify any policy or rule at any time and without notice.
Join us over the next few weeks as we post more Toucan Tips to help you enjoy and navigate Comic-Con 2023!
Bookmark Toucan for the latest Toucan Tips as we zoom zoom zoom towards Comic-Con 2023, July 20-23 at the San Diego Convention Center!