Comic-Con Museum Long-Range Comprehensive Plan Reveal
Renovations are planned to kick-off this fall and will concentrate on our 6,000 square foot Education Center, a cornerstone of the Museum that will create areas for hands on workshops, classes and seminars. To help in this endeavor, we are thrilled to announce a gift from Cox Communications to create the Cox Innovation Lab, which will provide space for activity-driven learning that leverages the power of pop culture to engage visitors of all ages in the areas of science, technology, engineering, arts and math. With possible topics ranging from graphic design, animation, film, robotics, gaming, and more, we aim to offer educational opportunities for everyone.
Just a few of the Museum’s additional features outlined in the Plan include:
- 25,000 square feet of space for rotating exhibits
- A year-round schedule of programs such as panels, meet-and-greets, experiential cinema, watch parties,
- eSports, cosplay shows, and more that will also involve integrating the ideas and creative energy of Comic-Con fans through fan sourcing
- A café with a changing menu of dishes and beverages that are creatively inspired by the themes of the rotating exhibit and program offerings
- A gift shop with comics and graphic novels, branded souvenirs, art, apparel, and other collectibles
- A 4K video theater and presentation space
Today’s announcement also introduces the 18 members of the Museum’s Steering Committee including Chair Patti Roscoe. Our distinguished members consist of local San Diego region leaders and representatives of the pop culture community.
We are incredibly grateful for the many contributions to date of our Charter Members, the fans, the Steering Committee, San Diego community and so many others. As we move forward, we look forward to sharing even more detail about how the Comic-Con Museum is developing and when you can expect to visit us in person.