Purchasing Badges for Others
Comic-Con 2020 Open Registration is right around the corner! If you are selected for a registration session, you may purchase badges for up to three eligible members – yourself included – while supplies last. If you choose to purchase a badge for another person, they must be eligible to participate in Open Registration. Eligible attendees include:
- Anyone who has a Comic-Con Member ID that was created and confirmed prior to November 4, 2019 at 10:30 AM Pacific Standard Time (PST).
- Anyone who has not purchased or registered for the Preview Night (Wednesday, July 22) option.
Below you’ll find step-by-step instructions (with pictures!) on how to purchase badges for your mom, brother, sister, postman, or neighbor!
Step 2: A prompt will ask for the number of eligible attendees you’d like to purchase for: 1, 2, or 3.
Since you’re hoping to get badges for yourself, your mom, and your sister, you will select 3. You must pay close attention and choose your selection on this page carefully because you cannot use the back button once you select "Continue".
Step 3: The next step is the badge selection page! The Member ID you logged in with is already primed for badge selection. Next, you’ll input the Member ID and last name for both your sister and mom, and then select “Click to Confirm” for each person.
Once each Member ID is confirmed, the button will turn from red to green, and the badge selection check boxes next to each name will become available for use, if inventory is available. Don’t forget to select badges for your other members!
If nothing needs to be changed, you'll agree to the terms and conditions by typing "AGREE" in and simply select “Purchase Badges”. You’re all done!
An order acknowledgement will be sent via email immediately after the order is submitted. Expo Logic will begin processing credit cards, and a buyer’s receipt will be sent to the buyer’s email address within 48 - 72 hours. Everyone will then receive their individual badge confirmation to the email associated with their Comic-Con Member ID account at least 72 hours after Open Registration is complete.
And lastly, here are a few of Professor Toucan’s Hot Tips to help guide you through your registration session.
- It is vital that you only join a well-organized badge buying group with a good communication process in place. Buying groups can be helpful, but we've seen an increasing number of people get shut out due to disorganized efforts and lack of communication.
- Once a Member ID is confirmed in a registration session, it is locked for 15 minutes or until the session is closed. If your Member ID is used by someone in your group, you will not be able to use it if you are also selected for a registration session.
- Your registration code is good for one entry into the waiting room only! Do not attempt to enter it on multiple devices and browsers. Doing so will authorize the most recent device the registration code was entered on, and your previous device will become unauthorized.
- Remember, children ages 12 and under can attend Comic-Con for free with a paying adult and cannot be registered in advance. If you successfully purchase a Comic-Con 2020 badge, you can register your child for their free child badge onsite.
Please keep in mind that not all eligible attendees will be able to purchase a badge during Open Registration. There are far more eligible attendees then available badges. Entry to the waiting room does not guarantee you a badge or registration session.
Still bogged down with questions? We encourage you to read all of the information here, bookmark Toucan, the official blog of Comic-Con and WonderCon Anaheim, and follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more information leading up to Open Registration!