Purchasing For Others
Did you know that Comic-Con 2020 Returning Registration is only open to Comic-Con 2019 paid attendees? Anyone who wishes to
find their roar purchase a badge during this sale must have their own valid and confirmed Comic-Con Member ID and must be eligible to participate. And, if you’re selected for a registration session, you may purchase badges for up to three people – yourself included!
Let’s say Simba wants to buy a badge for himself, Timon, and Pumbaa. First, they need to make sure they are all eligible to participate. In order to verify their eligibility, all three should log in to their Member ID accounts and look in the top-right corner. If the “OK CC’20 Paid Attendee Return Reg” flag is visible, they are eligible!
Next, Simba will need the Comic-Con Member ID and last name of everyone he wishes to purchase badges for. Let’s break it down step-by-step:
- On October 12, he will enter his registration code any time between 8:00 – 9:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) to enter the Expo Logic waiting room.
- Badges will go on sale shortly after 9:00 AM PDT. If he is randomly selected for a registration session, he needs to input his own Member ID and last name to begin the registration session.
- A prompt will ask for the number of eligible attendees he'd like to purchase for: 1, 2, or 3.
- Since Simba is hoping to get a Sunday badge for himself, Timon, and Pumbaa, he will select 3. He must pay close attention and choose his selection on this page carefully because not even Rafiki will be able to help him return to this page once he selects "Continue".
- The next step is the badge selection page! Simba has already validated his Member ID and is ready for badge selection. Next, he’ll input Timon and Pumbaa’s Member ID and last name, then select “Click to Confirm” for each person. Once each Member ID is confirmed, the button will turn from red to green. Then, he can select badges from the available inventory and proceed to checkout, chanting “Hakuna Matata!”
An order acknowledgement will be sent via email immediately after the order is submitted. Pride Rock will begin processing credit cards, and a buyer’s receipt will be sent to the buyer’s email address within 48 - 72 hours. From the crawling ant to the leaping antelope, everyone will then receive their individual badge confirmation to the email associated with their Member ID account at least 72 hours after Returning Registration is complete.
A hornbill named Zazu told us (wait ... he isn’t a Toucan?) that one of the most popular ways to try and purchase badges is by joining a badge buying group. If you choose to go down this uncertain path, it is vital that you only join a well-organized group with a good communication process in place. Be cautious of any groups that include 3 spotted hyenas named Shenzi, Kamari, and Azizi! Buying groups can be helpful, but we've seen an increasing number of people get stuck in the elephant graveyard due to disorganized efforts and lack of communication.
Once a Member ID is used in a registration session, it is locked for 15 minutes. If your Member ID is used by someone in your group, you will not be able to use it if you are also selected for a registration session, and may find yourself yelling, “There’s disaster in the air!” Your Member ID will not validate, and you will receive an error message: “There was an issue when attempting to validate this Member ID.” If you receive this error message, your Member ID may have been used by another participant and Comic-Con will not be able to help you.
We highly suggest only joining a buying group with people you trust, even if you like to walk on the wild side. If someone in your group attempts to sell or scalp their badge (we’re lookin’ at you, Scar), all badges in the order will be canceled, including yours!
Also, keep in mind that registration codes are good for one entry into the waiting room only. If Nala and Sarabi will be using the same computer, they must use a different browser for each registration code. DO NOT use different tabs within the same browser. Additionally, do not attempt to enter it on multiple devices and browsers. Doing so will authorize the most recent device the registration code was entered on, and your previous device will become unauthorized. Buying groups often share their registration codes, which can lead to a lot of confusion. Simply think of our problem-free, philosophy: One browser instance per registration code!
Hungry as a lion for more information? Check out our detailed Returning Registration instructions HERE.
Remember, children ages 12 and under can attend Comic-Con for free with a paying adult and cannot be registered in advance. If you successfully purchase a Comic-Con 2020 badge, you can register your headstrong cub for a free child badge onsite.
Not all eligible attendees will be able to purchase a badge during Returning Registration. There are far more eligible attendees then available badges. Entry to the waiting room does not guarantee you a badge or registration session. We encourage you to bookmark Toucan - the official blog of Comic-Con and WonderCon Anaheim, and follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more grubs in the week leading up to Returning Registration.
Now, go forth and be prepaaaared!