WonderCon 2019 Update
It’s still the first month of the new year, and we’re busy getting ready for WonderCon Anaheim 2019! Here’s a rundown of some recent news regarding the big event, March 29-31, at the Anaheim Convention Center, just in case you missed something!
WonderCon Anaheim 2019 badges are on sale now! This year, we’ve introduced extra special early bird pricing, which can save you up to $19 if you buy your badge before February 14. Oh! And there’s another reason to keep that date in mind: purchase before the deadline and we’ll mail your badge to you!
New for 2019!
Attend with a friend! Purchasing badges for others is now available, and it’s simple! Click here for complete info on how to buy your badge for WonderCon Anaheim 2019!
Hotel reservations are now open for WonderCon 2019! Trust us … with our incredible special guests list (see below) and another amazing program schedule for all three days of the event, you’re going to want to be there for the entire WonderCon Weekend. There are 14 different hotels available, so you’re sure to find one that fits your budget! WonderCon takes place at the beautiful Anaheim Convention Center, which is a short walk to other Anaheim attractions, including Disneyland, Disney’s California Adventure Park, Anaheim GardenWalk, and more. Escape those winter blahs and come spend time in warm, sunny California, but hurry … our hotels are quickly filling up! Click here to book your hotel room now!
WonderCon has an awesome line-up of special guests every year, but 2019 is exceptional. Our confirmed guests include:
- Vita Ayala (writer, Supergirl, Magic The Gathering, Marvel Knights 20th)
- Jen Bartel (artist, co-creator, Blackbird, cover artist for Marvel, DC/Vertigo, Dark Horse)
- Greg Capullo (artist, Batman, Dark Nights Metal)
- Donny Cates (writer, Venom, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Redneck)
- Katie Cook (cartoonist, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, Gronk: A Monster’s Story)
- Gerry Duggan (writer, Deadpool, Infinity Wars, Guardians of the Galaxy, Star Wars)
- Tom King (writer, Batman, Mister Miracle, Heroes in Crisis)
- Jim Lee (DC Comics publisher, artist, Batman: Hush, Justice League)
- Tula Lotay (artist, Supreme: Blue Rose, Heartless)
- Greg Pak (writer, Planet Hulk, Firefly, James Bond 007)
- Tim Sale (artist, Batman: The Long Halloween, Spider-Man: Blue)
- Liam Sharp (artist, The Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Brave and the Bold)
- Scott Snyder (writer, Batman, Dark Nights Metal, The Batman Who Laughs)
- Peter J. Tomasi (writer, Detective Comics, Super Sons, Superman)
- Kendare Blake (author, Three Dark Crowns series, Goddess War trilogy)
- Cory Doctorow (author, Walkaway, In Real Life)
- Michael Grumley (author, Breakthrough series)
Plus Marvel Studios’ Head of Visual Development Ryan Meinerding and our friends Sergio Aragonés (MAD, Groo the Wanderer) and Mark Evanier (Kirby King of Comics, Garfield)!
All of our special guests will be featured in programming. We’ll be making another special guest announcement this Wednesday with six more amazing creators, so stay tuned to Toucan for that! Click here for complete bios and photos of all of our confirmed WCA 2019 special guests.
If you’ve ever dreamed about taking the giant Anaheim Arena stage in your homemade cosplay outfit, here’s your chance! The WonderCon 2019 Masquerade is open for registration for contestants, but like its counterpart at Comic-Con, the big event fills up fast. Click here for all the information you need to apply for this year’s Masquerade!
In the coming weeks, watch for more exciting special guest announcements, the return of fan-favorite programs, and the complete programming schedule (a few weeks out from the show). WonderCon Anaheim 2019 is going to be an absolute blast … come join the fun and be a part of one of the best comics and pop culture conventions in the country! Buy your badges and make your hotel reservations now ... don't be left out in the cold!