Game Creator Connection
For years, Comic-Con International has brought together comics writers and artists to help them find collaborators to create comics. That program, Comic Creator Connection, has been an ongoing part of our events, including WonderCon and Comic-Con again this year.
New for 2017, Comic-Con is introducing the Game Creator Connection, an opportunity for game developers—whether currently working in the industry or aspiring to do so—to receive valuable advice, insights, and mentoring from seasoned veterans of the game industry representing diverse backgrounds—production, programming, art, business development, and so on.
The Game Creator Connection is organized and run by professional game developers, including a former executive director of the International Game Developers Association (IGDA) as well as representatives of the IGDA San Diego chapter. The GCC is a perfect opportunity to seek expert guidance on a wide range of topics pertaining to your career path, skill set, goals, portfolio, current challenges, or whatever career issues you’d like to discuss. Participants will rotate at timed intervals between mentors, to maximize the amount of feedback.
Where: Santa Rosa Room, Marriott Marquis & Marina (See your Comic-Con Quick Guide for a helpful map)
When: Saturday, July 22
Time: 1:00–3:00 PM
How to Participate:
Registration is now open for individuals who would like to participate in the GCC. Please email the following information email@example.com for a chance to participate.
- First and last name
- Email address
- Field of interest (e.g., game design, production, art, writing, programming, indie development, etc.)
- Are you currently a student? Yes/No
- Are you currently working in the game industry in any capacity? Yes/No
Primary mentoring goal; i.e. what specifically do you hope to learn from the mentors?
Game Pitch Review
Also new for 2017 is Game Pitch Review, conducted by a panel of professional game developers who will offer their invaluable advice and insight to those seeking to further their dreams of making their game a reality. Participants will have the opportunity to pitch a game for three minutes and then receive constructive criticism on how it went. This session will be seated on a first-come, first-served basis and sign-ups will be taken on site.
To participate in the Game Pitch Review you must be prepared before you sign up. Those not prepared will forfeit their pitch session. Preparation includes:
- A well-practiced, 3-minute verbal pitch that clearly explains the game concept, how it’s unique to the marketplace, why it would be worth funding, etc.
- Any hardcopy or digital visuals (images, video, etc.) that help illustrate the concept and viability of the idea (you must bring the device on which you will display the visuals)
- Be imaginative in your pitch and be passionate; imagine you’re making a very quick pitch to receive funding for your idea.
Game Pitch Review will take place on Saturday, July 22 from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM in the Santa Rosa Room at the Marriott Marquis and Marina. Sign-ups will begin at 10:00 AM.
Please note: Participants in both Game Creator Connection and Game Pitch Review must have a valid badge for Comic-Con International 2017, either for all 4 days or the Saturday of the event.