Accounts Receivable Clerk
The Accounts Receivable Clerk is responsible for billing, posting, and collecting all revenue owed to the company in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with corporate accounting procedures. The Accounts Receivable Clerk also maintains records of invoices, debts, and credits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create invoices in accounting system for SDCC events based on information listed in outside systems
- Work and communicate with revenue generating departments on invoicing and payment status of outstanding invoices
- Assist Exhibits team with high-volume and complex billing, as well as payment matters related to convention Exhibits receivables
- Prepare bank deposits based on approval from Assistant Director of Finance
- Process and enter checks batches into the accounting system and ensure the accuracy of the information inputted.
- Research vendor deposit, invoicing, and payment discrepancies through the General Ledger
- Coordinate with Accounts Payable staff on refund check payments for vendors and exhibitors
- Organize and file invoices with supporting documentation. File check batches, cash, and credit card payments with reports for later review and audit
- Organize deposit process with all departments for any future SDCC events
- Work with Accounting management to review the A/R aging report in preparation for the monthly board meetings and month end closing.
- Assist department Equipment Manager in creating a supply and inventory checklist for upcoming conventions
- Assist department Equipment Manager with inventory and packing supplies and equipment for Accounting Department to use onsite during the conventions
- Other duties as assigned
On-Site Convention Responsibilities
- Setup and tear down of on-site point of sale terminals
- Assist with supervision of on-site temporary cashier employees
- Assist with managing on-site convention cash handling
- Assist with managing on-site convention Accounting equipment (Examples: Point of Sale Registers, Cash Drawers)
- Other Duties as assigned
- Assist with setting up and managing cashier stations throughout the convention center during shows
- Knowledge of general accounting principles including General Ledger analysis
- Familiarity with accounting and financial software programs; Netsuite and Square preferred.
- Knowledge of 10-key and basic computer functions
- Excellent communications and problem-solving skills
- Ability to create, identify, and understand invoices
- Ability to troubleshoot and work through tasks without constant guidance
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with minimal supervision, and ability to problem-solve in complex situations
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional demeanor as well as demonstrate credibility, integrity, and confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, ability to respond to customer needs and requests promptly and professionally, especially during difficult and/or high-stress interactions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software with the ability to learn new or updated software.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work within a diverse team, accept differing points of view and feedback, contributing to a cohesive, supportive, and positive team
- Ability to speak persuasively, give group presentations, and participate in meetings
- Professional office environment
- Routinely uses standard office equipment
- Standard work schedule (Monday-Friday from 9am to 5:30pm)
- Must be available to work evenings, holidays, and weekends as needed
- Overnight stay may be required during events
- Crowded conditions (both inside or outside event spaces)
- Direct (face-to face) customer and vendor contact
- May be required to work outside with little or no shade and warm
- This position requires close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading
- Occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds unassisted and bend or stand as necessary.
- Frequent sitting, walking, and standing for long periods
- Occasionally stand for extended periods of time (8-10+)
- Walk extensive distances (up to several miles daily)
- Perform repetitive tasks with few breaks
$20-$23 per hour
Are you our new friendly Neighborhood coworker?
Email us with the position you are applying for and include a PDF of your awesome resume.